Tuesday, January 3, 2012

It's been a long time, but...

I feel like finally, I am ready to return to the blog world.

I didn't leave for anything in particular. Instead, I just felt like there was no *point* to my blog. It was just another blog out there about living with celiac in a time when things were tough. But now, I have more a vision. I'm making a list of things I want to blog about. I'm wanting to become more of an advocate than a passerby. More of someone who can lead. And teach. And encourage. Rather than someone sitting on the sidelines hoping someone else will do it.

In the last 2 years, I've had people come to me asking for help. Asking me how to start. Where to start. Why they're reacting to certain things. And you know what? I *have* helped. I've been there to start them out - point them in the direction of products and things to look for that they might not have thought about.

I love it. I love being able to help people. I love being an advocate. I love having knowledge.

Last night I had the worst gluten reaction I've had possibly ever. The worst part about it was that I did everything RIGHT. I called ahead. I called back again. And a third time believe it or not. I talked to the head guy. I talked to everyone I could think of. I called when it wasn't busy. And still, still I got glutened. It's something that shouldn't happen. But it did. And today, I'm suffering. I'm in a fog and I'm exhausted. But it's given me a renewal that wouldn't have happened if I hadn't been glutened. A blessing and a curse.

And a renewal. And hopefully a new pledge to help others through this blog.

Thanks for reading!
Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment