Sunday, March 22, 2009

Gluten Free Menu Swap

It happened. The Boy turned 3. I'm not sure how three years have already gone by but they have. And, just like 3 years ago, this weekend was filled with a snowstorm. Oh how I love living in Canada sometimes.. this time we're only supposed to get 20cm or so, but still. It's nearly the end of March.

Anyway, this is my first time participating officially in the Gluten Free Menu Swap, hosted by Weird and Suprisingly Good. Her theme for the week is Latin food but I went to my cupboard and thought our theme should be "food you already have in the house" so I scrapped Latin and went with my own. And, I might add, that the only things we need to purchase for this week's menu are: a bag of spinach and some mozzarella. Everything else we have in the house.

So here we go:

Pork Tenderloin with Maple sauce, rice (leftovers), carrots and peas - we had this tonight and it was fab. I kept dipping into the maple sauce. Mmm. The Husband = very good cook.

Brown Rice Tinkyada Spaghetti with Pasta Sauce already made in the freezer.

Moose Meatloaf with peas and potatoes - we've had this moose meat in the freezer for a long time and seriously need to use it up. If I don't have enough, I'll combine it with some ground beef.

Pizza (Pamela's crust) with onions, leftover meat, and whatever else we have in the frige.

Spinach Garlic Soup as a starter followed by leftovers.

Artichoke Pork with Broccoli and Rice or Potato

And finally.. leftovers :) We have to have at least 1-2 nights of them or else we waste food which is not the point of menu planning.

My surgery is on Friday so I'm guessing that leftovers will be Friday/Saturday this week.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Amanda,
    Welcome to GF menu swap. That's great you ditched the theme and did what works for you. It's good having you here.

    Moose is something I've been wanting to try. There's not many here in Sacramento, California, but eventually when I ride around Canada by train, I'll have to eat some moose.

    Good luck with the surgery. I hope you heal quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean about leftovers. The family had a nasty flu last week and I had to toss a lot of leftovers. I am seriously going to have to try your artichoke chicken. Don't forget to report back about how pork works in that recipe.

    ReplyDelete