Saturday, March 28, 2009

7 things and post-surgery

I feel like I've been kicked in the back by a large horse. I've never actually been kicked in the back by a horse before but I imagine it feeling rather similar to this. The surgery went well and i have no pain in my leg for the first time in over a year so this is a big step. I haven't seen the incision yet as it's covered by a rather large dressing but that needs to be changed on Monday so I'll see it then. And I'm going to have The Husband take a picture too. I might as well scrapbook a page about this right? :)

Anyway, Wendy over at Celiacs in the House tagged me to come up with 7 random things about myself and I've been thinking about this so here it goes:

1 - I co-own a baby store and information site online. It's based out of Alberta and is a year old now. It's a culmination of BFF-N (my partner in business) and my favourite things for our kids. www.naturalurbanmamas.com

2 - I loathe ironing. I cannot tell you how much I hate this appliance. I have owned 1 iron in my life and it was a gift. I think I've lost it. I'd rather wear wrinkled clothes than iron.

3 - I am just about an accredited La Leche League leader. I have 3 more classes of sorts and my preview and then I'm done. I should be officially accredited in early May.

4 - I have no idea what I want to do with my life. I have a computer science degree that I don't use at all and don't plan to use again. I write here and there for different things and was really loving my job in sales before kids but given that I don't plan on going back to work for a while, I think I have some time.

5 - I am a perpetual worrier. I worry about everything. I worry that I've upset people with my open thoughts. I worry about my kids. I worry about my husband. I worry about people in other parts of the world who might be suffering. I have a difficult time disconnecting myself from things and I'm working on it.

6 - My pain meds make me hallucinate. I've seen a lot of really crazy stuff over the last 24 hours. Most things crawling on my walls. It makes me laugh and certainly makes me aware that I am not yet ready to drive, or go back to my normal life just yet.

7 - I have insane obsessions with kicking the winter dirt off of wheel wells. You know that sludge that builds up behind the tires that's a combination of snow and dirt and ice? I have to kick it off our cars all the time. And I have to seriously resist the urge to kick other people's cars. I have thought of starting a self-help group for people like me but feel it might not be seen as a true issue..

And that's that. :)

3 comments:

  1. Glad to hear you are doing well, aside from the hallucinations. Also glad you revealed your very cool business. Still sending good thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Greetings from a La Leche Leader from Mustang, Oklahoma, USA. Delighted to hear you are very soon to join our ranks! My sons are in college. Over the years expert advice swings from pillar to post, but breastfeeding is the one thing that I never have to second guess as to whether I did the very best thing for them. Best wishes to you and yours!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you feel much better soon! I've experienced "wavy walls" from Vicodin post-surgery so I know what you mean. Not fun. :(

    I'm impressed that you keep blogging through it all! Best to you and your family--Jenny

    ReplyDelete