Friday, April 24, 2009

Silly silly blogs

This is the second time I'm blogging - the first time I had this long "I'm back" post going on and bam.. it wouldn't save and then I lost it all - including the patience to re-write what I had written.

I've taken a break from everything other than my immediate family lately. I felt like I needed to settle down and pay attention to my kids for a while. They're both missing me and I get that - I miss them too. So I've been awol.

I miss my menu plans too. The Husband did such a wonderful job while I was down 'n' out taking care of us but I need my menus back. I really hate sticking my head in the fridge at the end of the day and trying to figure out what we might have for dinner. So, we'll be back to planning this week. Hopefully that will save the 7 trips to the grocery store, too.

Speaking of which, what is your absolute favourite, relatively easy dish? It cant' have nuts or shellfish in it, but anything else is fair-game. I want to make some new stuff this coming week. I think I'm going to make Beef Strognoff for the first time, but we shall see if that sounds like something the fam might eat.

I'm almost recovered. I start physiotherapy on Monday which I'm looking forward to immensely. It'll be nice to be able to get moving again. And slowly but surely, I've been able to lift The Girl now and again. The Boy is still too heavy as he's upwards of 35 pounds which is over the 25 pound limit I have right now.

The Girl had her ear surgery too last week and has recovered wonderfully. It's as if nothing ever happened (other than sometimes loud, unknown noises freak her out). We'll find out on Thursday if the Boy needs surgery too (which we assume he does given his speech, breathing, swallowing and hearing problems.

All in a day's life :)

No comments:

Post a Comment