Friday, February 20, 2009

Rut-a-tut-tut

I've been in a blogging rut. The kids have been sick for the gazillionth time as have I. I'm still exhausted and wonder if I'll ever catch up on sleep. I'm hoping that the cloud of fatigue lifts soon but I was thinking about it the other day and I don't think I've had more than 5 hours of sleep in a row since sometime in 2005. Is that sad or what??

I've tried some more products that I think deserve some recognition:

Rice Works chips - Yum-er-ific. Holy moly (or as the Boy says these days "holy smokes".)

Celimix muffin mix - this is pretty good! I added some ground flax seed and 2 bananas to the mix for some extra nutrients but they're quite good. The Girl consumed 3 mini-muffins and the Boy consumed 4 - all in one sitting! So, I think I'd call that a hit and a half!

KinnickKinnick bagels - these aren't as good as the Glutino ones in my opinion. They were a bit drier. And stickier in the mouth. And they had that gluten-free grainy taste to them that I've learned can very much be avoided. I still prefer the Pamela's recipe from the Amazing Bread Mix as the best GF bagel ever.

And now a thank you to my husband. Valentine's Day he made cupcakes filled with marscapone cheese and strawberries. They were to die for and a nice reminder from last year when he made them for the first time. The Boy helped and he loved every minute of it (hence why we do so much baking in the house - he loves it)!

BFF-L and I have been going to the farmer's market most Saturdays. It's ncie to be able to stock up on fresh produce even in the bitter cold of our northern winters. On top of that, many of the meat-guys have GF sausages (the Mennonite chicken sausage is to die for), and there's tons of GF baking including one exclusive GF baker who's family is all GF. She makes wonderful banana bread that we have not yet been able to replicate.

Alas, I shall try to get back to blogging more often.

1 comment:

  1. Hiya
    Have to agree with the Rice Works chips. They were yum. Blogging rut here, too. Thought a few days in Florida would help. No luck. You've had a rough winter. Hang on til spring!
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete